Mentioning a participant in a comment
Use @ to reply in your comment to one of the previous commenters. For example, @John.
Normally only the post author will be notified of new comments. But if you want to notify other people, mention their name in your comment.
Here are the important rules:
- The person mentioned must leave a comment before you do.
- You can only mention one person, subsequent mentions are ignored or may be deleted automatically.
- If there are spaces in the person's name, you can use only the first part of the name or remove spaces to connect the individual parts of the name.
- If there is more than one commenter with the same name, only the last commenter will be notified.
- Letter case does not matter: @John = @john.
- No need to mention the author of the post, he will get a notification anyway.
- No need to mention the previous commenter, if he is the only one who commented on the post – he will get a notification anyway.