Promotion of accounts
One of the goals of the Ask Builders service is to help people get to know real professionals.
The problem with construction directories is that it is difficult for consumers to determine the competence of contractors, all claiming the same thing. It is enough for any contractor to simply (for a fee or free) post their information, without confirming their qualifications and history.
In our community, there is a wonderful opportunity to trace the history of each participant and the structure of their contributions, and thus their areas of expertise and level of competence.
In order to further highlight trusted community members, we show a special account card.
We use a flexible targeting system and reputation auctions to ensure that the right people see other right people.
Everyone who's interested gets a stand based on their contribution.
How it works
- A visitor comes to the site, for example, from a search engine.
- The system detects his location and the subject he is interested in.
- The algorithm selects which promo-card to show this time on the basis:
- The specified specialization of the contractor.
- The specified service region of the contractor.
- The reputational weight in the given thematic domain.
- The dates of the last activities on the site.
The quota for displays is calculated taking into account the parameters of "competitors" in the region and on the thematic domain. The greater and more relevant your contribution to the life of the community, the greater the volume of displays of promo cards is provided at the service.
If you have the promotion option enabled and haven't visited the service for more than a month, the service will send you an activation email to make sure you are still in business and need promotion.
What you need to have promo cards shown
In order for your promotional card to start showing to interested users, you need to: