Reputation is very important to the work of builders and to our building community in particular.
In order to evaluate knowledge, experience, and ability to express oneself clearly, a system is used to evaluate a member's contribution to the building community.
The overall summative measure of such contributions is the reputation score or simply "reputation".
Reputation grows each time other respected community members vote positively on a user's answers or questions.
Reputation builds trust around you, your answers and your services, if you provide them.
A growing reputation opens up privileges and access to advanced service tools that empower the member, and gives the community a sustainability mechanism and the ability to promote the best contributors for the benefit of service users.
How to build your reputation
All of these actions require no reputation capital and are available to any unblocked user.
- Your answer was approved as accepted: +15 (accepting your own answer does not change your reputation).
- Your question was voted up: +10 (for each vote).
- Your answer was voted up: +10 (for each vote).
- Acceptance of your post edit: +2 (no more than 1000 points for all time).
- You marked someone else's response as accepted: +2.
- You report the problem (complain about the post) and the moderator accepted your report: +2.
When reputation is lost
Reputation can fall if respected community members vote against your post. Also, a member's reputation suffers when a moderator accepts complain flags marking posts that violate Terms of Service.
- Your question was voted down: -2 (for each vote).
- Your answer was voted down: -2 (for each vote).
- You vote down the post: -1.
- You report the problem (complaining about the post) and the moderator rejected your flag: -2.
- You vote against the second post in the thread: -3.
- You vote against the third post in the thread: -6.
- You vote against the fourth post in the thread and beyond: -12.
- Your post got spam flags accepted by moderators -50.
- Your post received rude/abusive flags accepted by moderators -100.
If a negative vote is withdrawn by a member after more than 5 minutes, reputation points will not be restored.
Reputation cannot go lower than 1.
Accounts with low reputation are not allowed to be indexed by search engines.