What answers are considered bad
Bad types of answers
- Answers that do not answer the question asked.
- Answers copied from other answers.
- Answers consisting of only references.
- A clarifying question instead of an answer (there are comments for this).
- Answers that put new questions to expand the topic (ask a new question separately).
- Chatting – "I have the same thing!", "Why do you need it?".
- Purely subjective opinions – "I like parquet better".
- Answers without justification – "You have to choose the first option, definitely".
- Sarcastic, unkind, defamatory answers.
Answer requires editing
- If the answer text is long, but not structured, not divided into meaningful paragraphs.
- If the text contains spelling or punctuation errors, typos or other unnecessary characters.
An answer can be hidden
In order to allow a bad answer to be corrected by editing, an answer can be "hidden" when flags (complaints) are received and accepted by the moderator or when the community rating is very low. In this case, the response is not visible to anyone but the author himself until he corrects it.
Here are typical cases where this can happen:
- the answer is poorly worded;
- it is short and incoherent;
- the text of the answer is plagiarized, that is, it borrowed materials without citing the source or permission of the copyright holder;
- the text, in addition to the answer itself, contains random characters added to make it the right length for sending;
- there are meaningless phrases in the text of the answer;
- the answer has a negative rating below -10.
An answer can be deleted right away
- If it violates service rules.
- If it is rude, threatening, or defamatory.
- If it is spam.
In these cases the reputation of the author will also be decreased.
I don't agree with moderation
If you disagree with the way your question or reply has been moderated, please write to us.