Can I support my product here?
Yes, you probably can!
Ask Builders is good for supporting products, such as building materials.
However, you need to understand what types of questions are appropriate on Ask Builders. Refer your users here for technical problems only.
- How do I use cement plaster X with mineral wool insulation?
- What is the best sequence for preparing plaster X?
- What type of mesh to use with plaster X?
- When does plaster X arrive at store Y?
- What makes plaster X better than others?
- When should I expect the new line of X plaster mixes to be available?
Ask Builders is a great place to get broad feedback, identify problems in understanding and using your product.
The ability to edit by the community will help build a knowledge base for your customers and demonstrate the level of attention and service you need.
- Participate in the service, get acquainted and build the reputation you'll need for important privileges such as commenting, editing and more.
- Fill out your profile, including the business part.
- When you reach the privilege you need, you'll be able to create tags for your product and subscribe to them.
- Stay in touch so you can respond to questions quickly.
- Search for questions based on your product name or other keywords.
- Answer existing questions qualitatively or, if they are already answered, vote for or against the answers.
- Don't talk too much about your business. People care if you are solving their particular problem. If you're good at it, they'll be more interested in knowing who you are and what you're working on.
While you're here, look for other questions you can help with (not just about your product). If you only answer narrow questions about your product, you're diminishing your audience, growing your reputation much slower, and the community may decide that you're only here to sell.
The best way to avoid being perceived as a marketer is to demonstrate the solution experience in photos, rather than just claiming that the problem can be solved.